Friday, March 16, 2007

The RogersToon #1

Greetings, all. I'm Mike Ramsey, a student at Michigan State University and the editorial cartoonist for The State News, MSU's independent student newspaper. I'm grateful to have been invited here as a contributor. Today marks the first of what I intend to be a weekly installment: the RogersToon.

Each Friday, I'll slog through Rep. Rogers' personal Neighborhood of Make-Believe and find something to draw a cartoon about. In the event that Rogers hasn't done anything particularly stupid, greedy, or evil one week, hopefully my caricature of his weird-looking face will tide us over until next time. Or maybe something not necessarily Rogers-related. Who knows. Anyway, here we go with RogersToon #1, special Sunshine Week edition:

5 comments:

LiberalLucy said...

Brilliant! You've already made a wonderful addition to the Neighborhood, and I for one, can't wait to see your weekly installments.

As for fodder, Mr. Rogers takes care of that for us. There's always plenty that's ripe for the picking!

Welcome, glad to have you!

Kelster93 said...

Welcome to the 'Hood, Mike! Looking forward to the weekly cartoon and, as Lucy noted, you won't lack for material...

BZP said...

Wow, that's so cool! Mike, your cartoons were always my favorite part of the State News. Glad to have you on board.

Richard Hellinga said...

Excellent work, Mike!

Welcome aboard.

Communications guru said...

I haven’t had a chance to welcome you to the neighborhoods, so welcome to the neighborhood. Any good newspaper must have art, and you are supplying it. I could use some Ann Coulter cartoons if you have them. She sure provides lots of material.