Saturday, February 21, 2009

Newspeak, 2009 Style

Well, it's official: Mike Rogers has announced that he will not run for Governor in 2010:
”After thinking about the impact a statewide race would have on my two young children, and the impact I can have in Washington fighting to help the auto industry, lower health-care costs and protect America’s national security, I have decided to not run for governor. I have always thought it is far more important to focus on the jobs of the people I serve, rather than on my own job.”
Coming from the man who voted against 8,000 new jobs for Livingston County, said no to helping the unemployed, has done nothing practical for the auto industry, and ignored the children of working families, this display of logic would fit perfectly in Orwell's 1984.

No comments: